Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dear Teenagers,
What the fuck are you doing? How old are you? 15, maybe 16? Did you ever think once about how you’re wasting your life away? Stop thinking about the guy who broke your heart; he’s not worth it. Stop thinking about whether you look cool or not smoking weed; nobody cares. Stop sulking around and being depressed; you just need to be happy. You’re only young once and this is the time where you need to have fun and forget about everything that doesn’t make you happy. Fuck everyone who doesn’t make you happy! Go out and have fun; this could be your last day.
I liked when my fingers were entangled in yours, and my head was on your chest, listening to your heartbeat. It made me feel safe, like at that moment, nothing bad could touch me. I wish I could stay in your arms forever.
Driving around the city in your car, down low in the seat. Coming home and getting into bed, smiling in your sleep. I never knew I'd love anyone the way I loved you. I never thought that love could come true.
I want you to know that I love you. I never did stop, not for one gasping second. My love for you is unconditional and it will never end as long as I live. I refuse to find others when I have the one I want. I never doubted us, but you did. I never stopped thinking about you even though you stopped thinking about me. I never wanted to let go, but you did.
Look at you. You’re young. And you’re scared. Why are you so scared? Stop being paralyzed. Stop swallowing your words. Stop caring what other people think. Wear what you want. Say what you want. Listen to the music you want to listen to. Play it loud as fuck and dance to it. Go out for a drive at midnight and forget you have school the next day. Stop waiting for Friday. Live now. Do it now. Take risks. Tell secrets. This life is yours. When are you going to realize that you can do whatever you want?
I don't know what it is, I just cry sometimes. Maybe I'm too oblivious to the things going on around me, that I don't realize that I'm hurting as much as I am, so when the tears stream down my face, and I don't have anything to say, don't ask me why I'm crying. Because I simply don't know. Just hold me. I just want to be held.
So leave your taxi waiting, and turn and close my door. And sit back down where you were sitting, a little closer than before. When you look that serious, it just makes me want you more. And I've been needing to tell you - the closer you get, the better I feel. The closer you are, the more I see. Why everyone says that I look happier when you're around. The closer you get, the better I feel. And yes I know you're nervous. Never seen you so unsure. You haven't touched your food tonight and you're drinking more and more.
So, we'll go our own ways, and hopefully you'll remember the things I've told you. Hopefully you'll understand that everything I said was in sincerity. A broken heart is not what I wanted from this, but I guess I've learned from it. But aren't you supposed to learn from your mistakes? I don't consider this a mistake, I just wish the story didn't end this way, cause I'm still in love with the person who helped me write it.
yellow, orange, and red leaves up to my knees as we lay dead still in the back yard and your hair falls under me. i raise my hand to your cheeks and i can feel my heart skip a beat. and we are so young. we are so young and foolish.

I'm really happy for you. To be honest, I really am. You've found someone, well not technically, she's always been there for you but because of me, you've never been able to see that until recently. She loves you a lot, I can tell. And I can also tell that you really do care alot about her. Obviously more than you cared for me. And I'm not saying that with any bitterness or hatred. 'Cause really I am truly happy for you. I still care about you, but you're happy. So I have nothing to worry about right? You're happy, that's all that matters. But it's been so long since we've really had a heart-to-heart conversation. And I have to admit I miss those late night phone calls, your voice whispering to me at 3 AM in the morning. But I'm sure you have those moments with her too. You make me wish I had a time machine. You two make me jealous, seeing you two so happy together. You guy's aren't your everyday, average couple, you guys really are something special. After all you've put her through. After every time you reassured me you'd never be with her. Here you are, two years later absolutely head-over-heels in love with her. And I can't blame you. 'Cause after all this time, she stuck around. She never gave up. I don't know how she did it, because I could barely put up with you. Maybe it was her knowledge of patience, her tolerance. Unlike me on the other hand, impatient and ignorant. Maybe you just needed someone to really love you, flaws and all. That was something I could never do. I wish you both the best, I know you guys will last. That's what you call love.

How weird is it to think that two years ago I didn't even know who you guys were? Now I can't imagine not seeing your smiling faces almost everyday. So we better not ever lose touch because although I lived without you before, i don't know if i can do it now
After the funeral, my grandfather hugged me. And I’ll never forget what he said. He told me that he had just lost the love of his life, the most important thing in the world to him, and that it hurt like hell. He said he probably wouldn't ever be the same. But then he looked me straight in the eyes; he said that his time with her was something he would never trade, that it was the only thing worth living for. He told me to find that. He told me that once I had that, nothing else would be as important. And he said once I found it, to cherish it and never let it go.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment