Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn winds, photographs and starry nights.
Our hands laced together, you squeezing me tight.
I can't remember a fall ever feeling so right.
Sometimes I wish I could trade places with a
boy, just for a day. I could just ignore the drama,
the judgments, the "girl problems", the moodswings,
and most of all the heartache. I could chill with the
boys and not have a care in the world. Guys on the
other hand could see how it feels to be called
terrible names, and what it feels like to see the
boy you adore with another girl. Honestly I don't
think a boy could survive in the life of a girl.
I am scared. I am terrified that if I get into the car,
I will drive it into a wall. I'm scared those pills that are
supposed to be my saving grace will end up being what
lays me in the ground. No one sees how dangerous this
has become. I'm so sick of hiding behind the masquerade
but I can't quite pull the mask off. Heck, I don't even
know how many I am wearing these days. I just know
to be alone is not safe any more.
Close your eyes and let the song take you away to the
summer nights you dreamed of; growing up under the stars.
And me, like when I kissed those lips. I could never forget
the love that we had.
Advice? I don’t have advice. Stop aspiring and start writing.
If you’re writing, you’re a writer. Write like you’re a goddamn
death row inmate and the governor is out of the country and
there’s no chance for a pardon. Write like you’re clinging to the
edge of a cliff, white knuckles, on your last breath, and you've
got just one last thing to say, like you’re a bird flying over us
and you can see everything, and please, for God’s sake, tell us
something that will save us from ourselves. Take a deep breath
and tell us your deepest, darkest secret, so we can wipe our
brow and know that we’re not alone. Write like you have a
message from the king. Or don’t. Who knows, maybe you’re one
of the lucky ones who doesn’t have to.

I say I'm not pretty. Not because I'm looking for
attention or compliments, but because that's truly
how I feel. I don't believe that I am pretty because
I can see everything you don't. I see how my stomach
looks when I'm standing in my bra. I see the face
under the make up. I see every little flaw about myself,
even if you can't. I say I'm not pretty because I'd be
lying if I said I was.
Just give me a scene where the music is free
and the beer is not the life of the party.
to get up in the morning and know you have to face another obstacle, takes determination. To smile when the only thing you want to do is cry, takes strength. To act happy when it's the worst, takes courage. To be joyful when the only good news is the best of the worst, takes support. To be there and help people through the roughest times takes love.
Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything & everybody believed in you.
From the lack of sleep and the bloodshot eyes to the nervous kiss and the butterflies. Does this make any sense at all? We're not sleeping, and I'm not breathing. If this means anything at all, I won't let you leave me anymore.
Remember how we held our heads so high
When all this world was there for us
And we believed that we could touch the sky
Just a boy and a girl trying to take on this world ONE kiss at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment