Tuesday, January 11, 2011


She wanted something else, something different, something more. Passion and romance perhaps, or maybe quiet conversations in candlelit rooms, or perhaps something as simple as not being second best.
As you get older there comes a time when you're not scared of the dark or of monsters anymore. You realize the dark is just the dark and monsters don't exist. But it's also when you become scared of other things, people themselves. You learn that not everyone wants to see you succeed. You become aware of people's underlying intentions and selfish actions. And the monsters you used to check for under your bed at night? They don't even compare to some of the things people do.
No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something. The collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. None of this matters. We're just warming up.
I think everyday is made up of tiny little tests. Some are tests of character. Some are tests of fortitude. Others are tests of friendship. And if you're lucky, when it really matters, you'll pass with flying colors.
I'm not sure if I'm happy or completely lost. Definitely a little lost, but aren't we all? I have no idea what I'm doing in my life, or where I'm going. And I think I'm okay with that right now. For the first time in a while, I noticed that I've changed. Maybe for the best, maybe not. But does it really matter? When we change, we can never go back.
You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person's life, you're not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can't be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person's life, you're messing with their entire life.
Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room. Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home... Remember the footsteps, remember the words said, and all your little brother's favorite songs. I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone.
Road signs & streetlights are what guide you on your way. Distance doesn't seem to matter much if you've got big dreams at a young age.
But just because you can spell love, doesn't mean you should say it so much.
I used to think that when I got older, the world would make so much more sense. But you know what? The older I get, the more confusing it is to me, the more complicated it is - harder. You'd think we'd be getting better at it, but there's just more and more chaos. The pieces - they're everywhere. And nobody knows what to do about it. I find myself grasping. You know that feeling? That feeling when you just want the right thing to fall into the right place, not only because it's right, but because it would mean that such a thing is still possible? I want to believe that.
I've learned a lot these past few years, through my fake smiles & unseen tears, that friends sometimes are not forever & true love does not always last. The good memories stay with you but the good moments go by fast. But someone will always be there, someone that honestly does care.
It was one of those times you feel a sense of loss, even though you didn’t have something in the first place. I guess that’s what disappointment is; a sense of loss for something you never had.
"She belonged to me,” he said simply. “She was, you know, all the things I wasn’t. And I was all the things she wasn’t. She could paint circles around anyone; I can’t even draw a straight line. She was never into sports; I’ve always been.” he lifted his outstretched palm and curled his fingers. “Her hand,” he said. “It fit mine."
If you're feeling frightened about what comes next, don't be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness; don't waste your time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment as it comes; because you'll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart, where your hope lives. You'll find your way again.
There’s so much of the world to explore, and although I’m a small town girl at heart, I have to get out there and see it for myself.
Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, but not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.
So far away from where you are. & I miss everything about you. Your smile, your laugh,
your smell, your voice, your shadow, your touch. I miss it all. You were the boy i loved,
the boy who was with me from day one. I miss the way the sunshine would light up your
face, the little things you would do for me, the way you walked, the way you held my
hand, and the way you said my name. I miss all the years we spent together. From hide 
n seek days to party days, i miss it all. So far away from where you are and as i stand here
today next your grave, the snow is coming down, and there’s not a sound in the air, and i feel
the beating of your heart.  Just know that while your in heaven and i’m still down here,
trying to get through every day, that i miss you and i wish you were here. Even if its just 
one day, just one day to tell you everything that i never got the chance to say. I love you.
There you are crying in your closet, holding your legs up close to your chest, tears falling
from your eyes like raindrops, and you think that everything will never be the same and
that everything you do is wrong. You think that no one cares or loves you, that no one
really understands what you believe in, that everything you love always disappears.
I did the same thing and i've thought the same thing and to tell you the truth i thought
my live would never end up the way i want it to. I wanted it to just be this perfect life
like the movies, but nobody's life is perfect. It can be perfect for a little while but once
the perfect ends everything seems like a mess. You just have to wipe away the tears
get up off your floor walk outside and just breath and know that tomorrow is a new
day and tomorrow might be the day where everything finally gets betters. You just
have to believe that everything will be alright and that tomorrow is a new day
and you'll make it, i promise you, you will.
My mom today asked me why i love music so much. And i looked at her
and said ever since i was little girl i would walk around singing
annie or my heart will go on. Its the only thing about me that 
hasn't changed since i was little. Its the only thing thats ever been
there for me when ever i need help. And its the only thing that me and
dad will ever agree on. I think without music I would be a mess so mom the 
reason i love music is because sometimes people aren't always there for
me, but i know music always will be.
I need a nice guy. Someone to hold my door open, tell me i look beautiful 
and actually meant it. Someone to take me to a drive thru movie and just 
hold my hand and actually watch the movie without pushing it too far.
Someone to tell me that if i have a dream to follow that dream and if i get
off course from that dream that they will be there to help me get back to 
where i should be. Someone who loves my family even though they are 
crazy. Someone who would rather go on walk around a lake then play
video games. But  most of all i just want someone to show me that there
is a good guy out there and there is someone who can love me for me. 
Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80’s movies? I want
John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a
lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles
waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into
the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an
80’s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no
apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.
Take a deep breath. Calm down. Take ten steps back from the knife, the lighter, or the mirror. Turn on your iPod, lay on the floor, and take more deep breaths. You are worth more than this, you can be more than this. This does not have control over you. You are the one who will form your own destiny, your own pathways through life. Don’t let shit tie you down, or break your heart. It’s okay to cry. Breathe again. You’re alive and wonderful.
as i lay there in your arms, i drew the letters 'i love you' on your chest, thinking you weren't paying attention. then you looked at me and said, "i love you too."
do more than exist, live. do more than touch, feel. do more than look, observe. do more than read, absorb. do more than hear, listen. do more than listen, understand. do more than think, ponder. do more than talk, say something.
sometimes they take people and they don't say why. sometimes people leave and they never say goodbye.no second chances to say i love you. sometimes there are no next times. sometimes you lose someone and you feel like your heart has followed them to heaven. and sometimes there's just nothing you can do to make the tears stop.
it's those random kisses & the way you smile every time you see me, that means the world to me.and, sometimes despite all your best choices and all your good intentions, fate wins anyway.
God is so good. He knows where a person will be happy, where they can love and be loved, where heaven on earth is. Now I know why he put me near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment