Monday, January 31, 2011

And so I feel like that girl on a balance beam, a gymnasium
of eyes all were holding on to me. I lifted one foot to cross the
other and I felt myself slipping. It was a small mistake, but
sometimes that's all it takes.
"You really love him, don't you?"
A simple psychological question.
Not a single name was mentioned.
But suddenly, someone came into
Your mind as you read it.
sometimes, i feel like i don't belong where i am and that i have the wrong people in my life. i get this feeling, like I’m an outsider even when I’m being included or that I’m always around people who don't know me at all. then i see you smile at me and i don't mind being invisible to the rest of the world, i realize I’ll always feel alone without you around.
I ask myself why, and in that same breath, as I watch you, I get my answer. It's everything about you; it's that teasing smile, that warm scent. It's the curve of your arms, the tousle of your hair, the ring of your voice. It's just everything about you. But more than that, it's everything about me. It's everything about the way you make me laugh, cry, smile and hurt. It's everything about the way you make me feel. And that's everything that I cannot, and would not, want to let go of.
I am not the girl with the perfect shape. I don’t have perfect hair, teeth, or skin. But I also don`t have a bland personality. I can make you laugh, and will do everything in the world to make you smile.
We're just holding on to nothing
to see how long nothing lasts.

Maybe you should eat makeup,
so you can be pretty on the inside, bitch.
"I suck with words, but sometimes words aren't the thing. Love isn't about words, it's about what you do. And what I did, running away, it was stupid. We both know love is a big, scary, evil concept. But if you feel it, it's going to follow you around like a hungry dog. I didn't mean to say that love is a dog. I just mean I'm not going anywhere. I love you. If love beats us up, let's just beat it up right back. We can do this. If you're ready to make the jump, I'll be right there to catch you."
"I wasn't sure this day would ever come, but you were. I wasn't sure love could survive everything we put it through, but you were. You were always strong and always sure. And now I know I want you to stand beside me for the rest of my life. That's what I'm sure of."
So we've only known each other for a couple of years, but I feel I’ve known you my whole life. I’ve seen you grow. I’ve watched you change  from the guy who couldn't make up his mind, who's feelings changed more than I knew was possible, to the guy you are now. You’re responsible, devoted, loyal, considerate, and loving. Everything I knew you were, and know you always will be. I’ve seen everything, your anger, your battles, your struggles, your fears. I know you by heart. I know your values, I know your story, I know your secrets. That doesn't go away.  I’m never going to forget you or anything about you. I’m becoming who you are. We’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. We were meant to be something more than this. I still believe that, with all of my heart. I am still in this. I said I was in for the long haul, and I am still striving everyday for our time. I’m not going down without a fight. I won't give up easy. These feelings are stronger than anything that could try to bring us down. I love you more than I thought I did, to put it simple. 
The hardest part to deal with, more than schoolwork, school, life and friends, more than, as she put it ‘alternating between not caring and caring and regretting not caring when I care’ was that on top of everything - on top of driving themselves to be smart, pretty, thin and athletic - perhaps the most difficult pressure for high school students was that despite it all, they also have to push themselves to appear happy.
You're right. I've never had a bad break up. I've never had my heart broken into a million pieces. I have no right to put up these walls, right? But I have seen my friends cry for months over boys who they gave their hearts to. I've seen boys promise 'forever' only to watch forever end a few months later, when they find someone better to sleep with. I've stayed up countless nights, not by choice, but because my parents were fighting so loud that I couldn't fall asleep. I've been the shoulder to cry on. I've seen the strongest people in the world become weak for love. And I refuse to be that girl. I will never fall in love.
I don't believe in New Year’s Resolutions. They're an excuse to take the bad parts of your life and flaunt them with the promise that you'll change them; they're an excuse to realize you messed up and are going to change without being ashamed. But there is no shame in wanting to change, no matter what day it is. We are constantly changing, whether we know it or not. Take a year and live it one day at a time; you'd be surprised how much can change on its own when you're not making dreamy long-term goals.
I guess to some extent, you get used to being alone. You get used to not expecting phone calls & having nothing to do at night. You don’t expect to turn around to open arms any longer. The small sounds of him have been replaced by silence. Your thoughts echo through your head, with no one to share them with. All in all, being alone isn’t terrible, it just hurts like hell.
You should never give yourself a chance to fall apart. Because when you do, it becomes a tendency and it happens over and over again. You must practice staying strong instead
I think we should never forget the mistakes that we make, because they're all lessons we've learned. They key is to find balance between allowing them to teach you, and allowing them to take over your life.
                                                                                    You're like alcohol. I don't keep you
                                                                                 for the taste, I keep you for the feeling.
                                                                                     What happened to those girls?
The ones that were supposed to grow old together,
and marry those stupid boys they always loved?
What happened to those girls that sat up all night
prank calling boys that hurt them?
What happened to the girls that pinky promised
they'd be best friends forever?
I'm tired of people needing a reason for everything they do in their lives. Do it because you want to. Because it's fun. Because it makes you happy.
the world was made round so that if two people who are meant to be together should choose to take different paths in life, they would wrap around and end up right back to each other to meet again.
When I met you, I knew that whatever I did before, It must have been right. Because nothing I’ve done could be too bad, or have gone too wrong, because it led me to you
i wish i could explain to you how i felt,
because every night before i go to bed,
you're all i think about.
maybe the people who are hardest to love
are the people who need it the most.
Too many people miss the silver
lining because they are expecting gold.
i found the guy who can make me smile,
just by the way he says hello when he picks
up the phone. the guy who makes my hands
shake when I’m sitting next to him and the guy
who isn’t afraid to keep hugging me ,
when I’m not really ready to let go.
spend life with who makes you happy,
not who you have to impress.
long distance is hard. you have to trust that
as you each change on your own, your relationship
will also change along with you. it takes hope,
good humor, and idealism. it takes a massive dose
of courage to protect the relationship at all odds.
it is hard, but worth it. you’ll both be stronger as a result.
never tell your problems to anyone. 20% don't
care, and the other 80% are glad you have them.
Dedication is when at the end of the day, your body aches almost enough that you can't move, but yet you want to keep going.
Sometimes even Superwoman needs a Superman to straighten out her cape...and if I'm Superwoman, you wanna know what my kryptonite is? It's you. You're the only one who makes me weak.
A tear is made of 1% water, and 99% feelings.
You're the smile on my face that keeps on showing. You're the one day to day that keeps me going. You're the everlasting love that keeps on growing. You're the boy that has my heart without even knowing.
A teenager once asked an old man, "in a relationship, which is more important: to be loved or to love?" Then he replied, "which is more important to a bird? The left wing or the right?"
Adolescence is full of good times and bad times, disappointments and regrets, time spent chilling with the girls and others fooling around with the boys, times when you think you drank too much, and times when you think you didn't drink enough. Everyone has made mistakes, but that's just part of growing up.
Your mother didn't go through hours of labor to see you be a clone of someone else, they have technology for that. She kept you captive in her womb, so that when you were released you would be ready for the world and ready to stand your ground.
Let's shine like the stars in a dark and dirty sky. Side by side, we'll watch the perfect sunrise. We've been waiting through a seemingly endless night. Well when the sun comes up, I'll be all yours and you'll be all mine.
Every once in a while people step up, they rise above themselves. Sometimes they surprise you, and sometimes they fall short. Life is funny sometimes, it can push pretty hard, but if you look close enough you find hope in the words of children, in the bars of a song and in the eyes of someone you love. And if you're lucky, and if you're the luckiest person on this entire planet, the person you love decides to love you back.
It's amazing how two people can be so perfect for each other; but they're both too scared to get hurt that they don't do anything about it.
I have new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed.
Her: Do you believe in true love?
Him: Only if it's with you.
i could be a thousand miles away from you on the
Caribbean vacation, drinking a strawberry smoothie,
wearing a bikini, and sitting in front of the ocean, and
honey -- you'd still be the first thing on my mind.
No one ever won a chess match by making only
forward moves. Just like in life. Sometimes, we have
to move backwards to take a better step forward.
people too weak to follow their own dreams,
will always find a way to discourage yours.
i will never be your first kiss.
i will never be your first love.
i'm not your first valentine,
first fight, first teddy bear, or first date.
i'm not in this to be your first anything
i just want to be your last.
respect people's relationships. there's so many
other fish in the sea, so why mess with one
that's already been caught.
There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing
is a miracle; or you can live as if everything is a miracle.
Dear high school boys; your penis is not like pinocchio's nose.
It won't get longer every time you lie about its size. Sincerely, reality.
We're so different. We're hot and cold, fire and water. I'm loud,
you're quiet. I talk, you listen. I'm crazy, you're sane, but that's why
this works. You fill in my missing pieces and I complete you. I guess
that's why, despite the questions and challenges, I still believe in
us and I still believe in this. And as long as we have each other,
I think we'll be alright.
The only thing I really wish to do with my life is to inspire someone.
I want to touch someone's life so much that they can genuinely say
that if they have never met me then they wouldn't be the person
they are today. I want to save someone; save them from this
cold, dark and lonely world. I wish to be someone's hero, someone
that people look up to. I only wish to make a change, even if it's
a small one. I just want to do more than exist.
Too positive to be doubtful.
Too optimistic to be fearful.
Too determined to be defeated.
I love you. I love you not just because you're adorable or because
you're sweet, or because you're my best friend. I love you because
you make me step outside myself and look at who I really am. You
make me want to be a better person, just because you are who you
are. I can tell you absolutely everything, and I know you will
always listen.
Whatever souls are made of - his and mine are the same.
Here's to the nights when the grass is your seat, the heat from
the fire kisses your feet, your friends outnumber the stars and even
the chilliest of nights, are still warmer than the cold one in your hand.
He taught me how to trust myself
He taught me that i should love every 
flaw. He taught me that no matter what, 
i should just make a decision and jump,
and not regret it.
If you’re feeling frightened about what comes next, don’t be. Embrace the uncertainty. Allow it to lead you places. Be brave as it challenges you to exercise both your heart and your mind as you create your own path towards happiness. Don’t waste time with regret. Spin wildly into your next action. Enjoy the present, each moment, as it comes; because you’ll never get another one quite like it. And if you should ever look up and find yourself lost, simply take a breath and start over. Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.
I look at you and I see something magical, so amazing that makes me fall for you over and over again. I look at you and see something so tempting that makes me want you even more. I look at you and see something that I can't be without.


No comments:

Post a Comment